The Kingston Historical Society (KHS) was formed in 1997 as a non-partisan, non-profit organization to preserve, enhance and promote the history of the village of Kingston, New Jersey. The KHS has its headquarters in the Locktender’s House on the Delaware and Raritan Canal where it maintains the original circa 1834 home of families who operated the Kingston locks on the canal.
Activities of the KHS include an annual meeting at which we have a speaker, and a Holiday Open House and Tree lighting at the Locktender’s House the first Sunday in December. The Society also advocates for the preservation of Kingston’s history and historic character.
Today what was historically Kingston forms a small part of three counties (Somerset, Middlesex and Mercer) and four townships: Franklin, Plainsboro, South Brunswick, and Princeton. The historic village itself is divided by Route 27, once known as the King’s Highway, between Franklin and South Brunswick Townships.
Robert von Zumbusch, President
George Luck, Jr., Treasurer
Tom Jacoby, Charles Dieterich, Anne Zeman.
David Potts (Emeritus)
Associate Archivists and Network Administrators